GO BACK TO SCHOOL WITH OUR
ESSENTIALS BUNDLE • LEARN MORE
ESSENTIALS BUNDLE • LEARN MORE
Last Updated: July 15, 2022
We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
On our informational Website, we collect two types of information about you: 1) information that you voluntarily provide to us while using the site (described below under“Information You Provide to Us”) and (2) information collected automatically asa result of your use of the site (described below under “Information CollectedAutomatically”). We may also receive information about you from third-party sources as described below under “Information Received from Third Party Sources.”
Basically, Project Wayfinder asks for some information directly from you in order to contact you, and also collects some information automatically (such as crash reports when errors occur).
You may choose to voluntarily provide certain personal information to us — such as name, telephone number, or email address in order to access certain features of our Website or to request information from us.
We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including if you contact us with questions, sign up for a newsletter, or otherwise submit data to us. For example, theWebsite allows you request information about Project Wayfinder or contact customer service. To support these activities, Project Wayfinder asks for information to communicate with you, that may include contact information, such as your name and email address.
Basically, we collect and use information from you so that we can send requested information.
We may collect certain information from your computers and devices as use or engage with the Website.
When you visit our Website, we may collect information about networks (such as language, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider, and connection speed) and other identifiers that are automatically assigned you’re your computer or device (such as browser type and operating system).
We also collect the date and time of your use of the Services, and information about the links clicked and pages viewed within the Services.
We collect and may share this information with third parties to help diagnose problems with our servers, for security purposes, to manage the Website, to enhance the Website based on usage pattern data and, for analytics and foradvertising.
We also use technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, local storage, and similar technologies to automatically collect this information to provide you within formation, or to help us understand your interests. We do not use or disclose informationcollected through these technologies for third-party advertising purposes(including behaviorally targeting advertising to students or children) on our Education Services.
• Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on your device consisting of a string of numbers and letters of that uniquely identifies your device. This helps us do things such as gauge engagement on content on our Website; personalize content users receive in the future based on what they have previously engaged with; remarket on other platforms like Facebook/Instagram and Google based on what pages a user visited; and send out marketing emails to users that have consented to receive marketing emails . You may be able to have your browser block or delete cookies, but some parts of the Web Services may not work properly as a result.
• Pixels. Pixels (a/k/a “Clear GIFs and “web beacons” or “pixel tags”) area type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking certain activity, such as views of a website or when an email is opened. Pixels are often used in combination with cookies. We may use pixels or similar technologies, in connection with the Services and/or in our communications (e.g., in our HTML-based e-mails) which enable us to know whether you have visited a web page or received or opened an e-mail. This allows us to know the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Basically, we collect information about you automatically that we use to improve our Website, provide relevant content, and offer you products or services you might be interested in.
Additionally, we may use any aggregated anonymous information received by third parties asset forth below under the heading “Aggregated Information and Non-IdentifyingInformation”. Local law may require you authorize the third-party to share your information with us before we can acquire it. We do not control, supervise, or respond to how third parties providing your information process your personal information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
Basically, we may collect some information from third-party sources, such as Google Analytics, to provide, optimize and improve ourService, communicate with you about our Service, and for security and safety reasons
· Provide the Website;
· Respond to your requests and inquiries, and manage your account and provide you customer service;
· send you e-mail notices and offers and otherwise correspond with you, about products, services, and events that we think might interest you (subject to election to opt-in to receive such notices and offers). Examples of these messages include: (1) notices about changes to our Sites and policies or about security alerts; and (2) promotional messages about us or our partners that we think you might find interesting;
· Personalize the Website, content, and experiences for you;
· Offer you products and services that may be of your interest.
· Perform research and analysis about your use of our Website or interest in Project Wayfinder Services and to develop new services;
· Provide promotional electronic mailings, such as newsletters and other updates, to our users. Users may opt out of receiving such promotional electronic mailings by following the unsubscribe feature contained within the mailing or contacting us at email@example.com.
· For safety and security reasons, such as detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
· Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Please note that we may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected through the
Website or via other means so that the data cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact an individual. We use de-identified information for other purposes, including research and product improvement.
Basically, we use your personal information collected from our Website to:
· Provide a safe, reliable, and secureWebsite experience
· Respond to your requests for information
· Tell you about Website changes
· Offer information about Project Wayfinder services and news, and other products, services, or events we think might interest you (but you can opt-out)
Project Wayfinder only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Project Wayfinder in the following limited circumstances:
A current list of such subcontractors or third-party affiliates is available here.
· Analytics Providers. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure website traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices herewww.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/., and view its currently available opt-out options.
These third parties use the type of technologies described in the “InformationCollected Automatically” section above. These services may collect, store and use information in order to help us understand things like how often you use the Website, the events that occur within the Website, usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers.
· Affiliates and Partners. Over time, Project Wayfinder may grow and reorganize.We may share your information, including personal information with affiliates such as a parent company, subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
· Change of Control. If Project Wayfinder becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, your personal information may be transferred as a business asset.
· Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including business advisors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Basically, we may share information collected from our Website in limited ways with the following parties:
· Third-party service providers and subcontractors that help us operate the Website.
· Third-party analytics providers that help us learn about you interests and experience on the Website.
· Other third parties if required bylaw.
· Any new owners of Project Wayfinder.
When you use Project Wayfinder services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is in accurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Basically, you can access and update your personal information.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;(b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed; and (c)any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
The security of your information is important to us, and we work hard to protect it from unauthorized access and use. In an effort to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or improper use of your information, and to maintain data accuracy, we have established physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect.
We're constantly evolving our security procedures as technology changes, but our security procedures at a minimum include the following:
• Using strong authentication methods,
• Limiting who has access to personal data,
• Destroying or deleting personal information as needed,
• Using strong encryption technology,
• Using secured data backup and recovery capability,
• Maintaining industry standard software development lifecycle,
• Requiring service and analytics providers to follow similar terms.
We restrict access to personal information to Project Wayfinder employees, agents, service providers, or independent contractors who reasonably need to know that information in order to process it for us in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, potentially including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If we learn of a security breach, we will attempt to notify you electronically (subject to any applicable laws) so that you can take appropriate protective steps; for example, we may post a notice on our homepage https://www.withwayfinder.com/or elsewhere on the Website and may send email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Should you discover any security bugs or vulnerabilities in ourServices or have any questions regarding our data practices, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basically, we are constantly working on ways to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of personal information through administrative, physical, and technical safeguards.
If we make any significant changes, we’ll posting a prominent notice on the Service, so you can review and make sure you know about them. Your continued use of ourWebsite after we publish or send a notice about our changes to these terms means that you are consenting to the updated terms following their “effective date.” If you object to any changes, you must stop using our Website.
If you have provided an email or phone number to us, or otherwise opted-in to receive communications from us, we may send you messages and updates regarding your account, including privacy and security notices, updates regarding the Website, and information regarding products, features or services from Project Wayfinder (or third-parties we believe you may be interested in). We may also use your email address to contact you for customer service purposes, or for any legal matters that arise in the course of business.
You can always unsubscribe from receiving any of our marketing emails or other marketing communications whenever you’d like by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. You can also always send us an email at email@example.com.
Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not affect your receipt of business communications that are important to your interaction with Project Wayfinder, such as support/service communications, security updates, or account management communications. You may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
Basically, we may contact you with messages and notifications about Project Wayfinder and its Services if you opt in, including information about your account, privacy and security notices, and service updates.
Basically, the Project Wayfinder Website isn’t for children under the age of thirteen.
California residents also have specific privacy rights. For more details, see our page with Privacy Information for California Residents.
The Website is hosted and operated in the United States. If you use the Website from the European Union or the United Kingdom, or any other region with laws governing data collection, protection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that you may be transferring your personal information outside of those jurisdictions to the United States.
You may also write to us at:
Project Wayfinder, Inc.
PO Box 2876
Berkeley, CA 94702