If you believe in leveraging digital tools to build a standout online presence for a quickly growing EdTech company, Project Wayfinder wants to talk to you. We are looking for a passionate Senior Account Executive to join our team, to create partnerships with schools and drive sales ofI’ll Wayfinder’s curriculum and training packages.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations in tech - such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc - to apply!
- Identify, secure, and expand the impact of Project Wayfinder’s reach.
- Working with a business development team to identify and contact interested schools
- Participate in various marketing campaigns such as podcasts, newspaper/magazine interviews, etc. to educate the community on Project Wayfinder and build awareness.
- Have 4 to 6 meaningful conversations a day with prospective school partners + educators to help them understand the importance of purpose learning and Project Wayfinder and start the process of becoming a partner school.
- Create authentic, meaningful and long-lasting relationships with a variety of stakeholders in the education field.
- Serve as a problem-solver for potential schools and help them see how Project Wayfinder could help advance their mission
- Continuously follow up with schools who are interested in Project Wayfinder and help them overcome barriers to bringing purpose learning to their school.
- Visit potential school partners at site visits.
- Provide logistical and back end administrative support for new school partners. Including organizing on site trainings, processing invoicing information and guiding schools through the budgeting process.
- Help lead a team of 2-4 other outreach folks that are part of your geographic “pod” including a marketing person, junior sales person, and onboarding specialist.
At a high level, we are looking for a highly motivated, successful relationship-builder, who is a demonstrated self-starter with at least some background in K12 education. This person needs to have the drive to make sure our curriculum gets into the hands of more students and educators. Below we have listed out some things we are looking for; you do not necessarily need to check all these boxes to be eligible for this position. Here are some components we think that includes:
- Minimum of 5 years in a Sales / Recruiting / Outreach Position: We need you to have a proven track record in hustling, outreach, or sales. This could be on the for-profit or non-profit side. This is the most critical part of this job. This could be products, services, political campaigning, or admissions recruitment. Bottomline: you need to feel comfortable hustling, selling, and doing outreach in a high-rejection environment.
- Self-Motivated: This is a highly self-motivated role + you need to be a self-starter
- Organized: You are going to be talking to hundreds of people from dozens of organizations. You need to be able to organize and manage all this.
- Good Relationship Builder: Your main role will be building relationships with new prospective schools and educators. You need to be able to make connections and build relationships quickly.
- Familiarity with K-12 Education: You do not necessarily have to have been a classroom teacher, but familiarity with the K12 system, particularly the high school system is a must. A lot of talking to potential clients is helping them figure out where Project Wayfinder will fit into their school.
- Purpose-Alignment: This job needs to fit into how you would define your own sense of purpose. It needs to align with your own personal story and values.
- Be Persuasive: Understand the value and importance of the purpose learning movement and why it is important for prospective customers
- Background working on political campaigns as an organizer
- Athletic or Civic Leadership Roles
- Leading an after-school program for HS students
- Worked as an educator in a high school classroom for at least two years
- Worked in school administration
- Worked in a traditional sales/outreach role and moved up the ranks
- Had experience working for a start-up
- Background with Salesforce + MixMax
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- ...And much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.